Thursday 5 October 2017

Yash's GBT - Ahmedabad


Yash's GBT Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

When I parked in front of this café the last time, little did I know that I would be walking into a completely new café than before! Sounds oddly puzzling? Well it was! I thought I was going to the gulbai tekra outlet of VarieTea but sadly that café had been replaced by this one and the new name is Yash’s GBT. I tried looking for clues to de-abbreviate the name in their new menu but sadly I couldn’t find anything. Its quite an odd and long name for a café, but to each his own. I’ll be calling it YGBT for convenience sake right now.

Given the surprise element, I was quite impressed by the way they had redone somethings. Although they had continued with most of the old furniture, table settings and the things that sat atop the table including VarieTea’s iconic bell. But the new walls looked nice. So I sat there shuffling through the new menu. Still trying to register that I would not be able to have the usual order that I had in mind. Surprisingly, they did have a few familiar names in the new menu and I went ahead with that.






The staff was the same so it was familiar and courteous as usual. The food arrived, the service very prompt. And to be honest I don’t know if they’ve retained the old kitchen staff or hired a new one but the taste was very similar to the old restaurant. And by that I mean that it tasted good, as usual. So no complaints there. The restaurant is good and I have visited the place quite a few times now but it might not be your regular hang out place as the prices aren’t very thoughtful for the portion sizes they serve. The same was the case with the old café but once in a while, wont pinch your pocket so badly, plus you’ll enjoy the ambience and the lighting, especially if you choose to go there after noon.


Bon Apetit! 

For more reviews, click below:


No comments:

Post a Comment