Wednesday 4 October 2017

Mazzo Nights - Ahmedabad


Mazzo Nights Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

When it comes to food delivery in Ahmedabad, we have very limited options depending on what area you live in. The options dwindle even further when it comes to late night deliveries. Luckily for me, this place delivers the food to where I live.

As we all know, the entire country celebrated navratri during last week. And we being in Gujarat especially enjoyed the whole singing – dancing parades almost on all 9 nights. On one such night, I was super hungry post our garba session and no sooner I came home, I started searching zomato for places that would deliver to my area. Sadly, only a few good places turned out to be viable. Also, you don’t want to eat all those hefty burgers and sandwiches so late in the night. I wanted something fulfilling and the 1st thing that came to my mind was a biryani. As much as I loved the thought of having a proper biryani, I was anxious if I would find a place that would deliver it to me. Mazzo nights came to the rescue.

Placing the order was smooth. Before I say more, this is a delivery only place. The difficult part begins after you’ve placed the order. The wait! The excruciating wait! It said that it would take 45 minutes to deliver the biryani and that seemed like forever. But I had just come back from the garba so I had to freshen up. After completing my chores, it still said 15 minutes but the app told me that the people were already out with the delivery and within the next 5 minutes I got a call from the delivery guy as he was unable to locate my flat. I guided him and I had my biryani in 35 minutes flat! I was impressed.

Coming to the food. The packaging was good and the accompaniments had a container of raita, spoons and tissues. The container of raita was kept on the hot packet of biryani so I was Luke-warm and did not taste good. I had to throw it out. The biryani came in a regular sized tin foil container with a paper cover. It looked amazing and the aroma was just too good. Now like any normal human being I hate the “Khade Masale” in a biryani but honestly, we cant help it. the biryani tasted good, the chicken too had great flavours but there was ton of whole spices in the biryani hidden in every nook and cranny and that was a buzzkill. The flavor of cardamom was so strong that it overpowered all the other ingredients in the biryani. Also, the leg piece was cooked to perfection but the breast piece was overdone so it tasted rubbery and chewy. I’ll give them full marks for their service and packaging but a 3/5 for the food. If these people deliver to your area, you must definitely try something from their menu. A good delivery place for sure!


Bon Apetit!     

For more reviews click here:

No comments:

Post a Comment