Friday 13 October 2017

Knight Rider - Ahmedabad

Knight Rider Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


For a person like me who is less of a human and more of an owl, late night hunger pangs are a big issue. So again when my stomach started churning late one night (01:00 to be exact) I decided to order in. The worst thing about zomato however is that the delivery places do not deliver pan-city! They are restricted to a certain area that they cater to and which makes you very sad when you see those amazing menus and gorgeous pictures that they have on their page and you wish so very dearly that they’d deliver to your area but no! I guess that would increase their delivery time and thus the restraint. So I went looking my knight in shining armor that would provide me with food at that ungodly hour and as it so happens, I found one!





Anyway, so this place does deliver to my area and so I shuffled through the menu and settled on Hakka noodles and Mushroom fried rice. The sole reason behind selecting this place was the limited options I had and the photos that they had put up. Also, the recent rating streak for their orders was quite impressive. So I went ahead and placed the order and it said they’d take about 50 minutes to deliver which was fair enough.

I had some work to finish that night so the usually long wait of 50 minutes went by in no time. On the contrary, the delivery guy arrived within 30 minutes and I was taken by surprise. The package was hot and quite sturdy. It came along with a set of spoons (no fork, given I had ordered noodles), tissues and a mouth freshener. Being an Indian, I guess frugality is deeply embedded in me and given how sturdy their boxes are, I am afraid I asked the maid to wash them and use them in the kitchen! ;)





Coming to the food. I’ve already said that the food was hot. So hot that I had to take it out on a plate to cool it down to an edible centigrade. The noodles were cooked perfectly and weren’t anything like the usual ones you get here, excess of everything, soy sauce and vinegar and chili sauce. They weren’t even the dark mahogany color that we usually associate with Hakka noodles on stalls but a refreshing pale yellow and green. However, it was a bit too spicy for my palate and I wondered if leaving an instruction would have helped. But the point has been noted for a future order. The mushroom fried rice too had a similar tinge. The onion greens looked lovely amidst the full and fluffy rice. The taste too was great. The mushrooms could have been sautéed a bit more to give them a deep brown color but again that is a matter of personal choice. In fact I liked the rice more than the noodles because honestly. They were too spicy. I had to refrigerate them until I ate my rice because you usually feel more heat from the chilies when the food is hot than when it is cold. And the trick worked fine but I was still sweating bullets by the time I finished it. the portion sizes were quite decent. One person can easily eat one dish on his own and be content unless you have a monstrous appetite like mine, you’ll probably need two dishes. The prices too are in accordance with the portion sizes. No complaints there. The next time you’re looking for a late night delivery service, give them a try and hopefully you won’t be disappointed, i.e. if they deliver to your area of course!


Bon Appetit! 

For more reviews, click below:

http://www.zomato.com/chef_hriday

And more quick and easy recipes, check out the YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTmsAv8yd6ELvPjN_aOmBrA

No comments:

Post a Comment