Tuesday 12 September 2017

Ice Cream Works - Ahmedabad


Ice Cream Works Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

The place has opened up in a mall that is notorious for many a popular restaurants have packed up and left it's premises. Now i have visited them and they're really good so i do not wish the same fate on them. :)

By now, everybody knows that i am not a fan of sugar. Harsh as it may sound but i am not. So i wasn't as excited when i heard of these guys. For me it was just another ice cream "vendeur" in the town. And had we not paid them a visit, i would have still thought the same. It seemed like a nice bright spot with good lighting and i wouldn't say plush but decent interiors for an ice cream place. It isn't a very huge place but decent enough to accommodate around 10 to 12 people at a time. Makes sense cause you usually just get take aways at an ice cream place.

Now my friend who accompanied me there is s great fan of desserts so i was sure we would get a good review. And so we did! He ordered a Black on Black ice cream which is essentially a dark chocolate ice cream served in a cone that is entirely engulfed by chocolate. It was a delight to look at and  he even loved the taste. I on the other hand, look for sour or salty notes in a dessert and so when the owner suggested that i try their pink guava, i was quite reluctant to be honest. And i was correct, when he did hand me a tasting spoon, it was a bit too sweet for my liking. Then he asked me to wait. He picked up another spoonful and sprinkled something on top of it and asked me to try it again. To my surprise, the taste was superlative this time and i loved it! I asked him what he had added and to my utter bewilderment he said, "Sir, red chilli powder and Chaat masala!" The combination was so good that i ended up ordering the same flavor.

They have a variety of flavors that are quite new and innovative. They let you taste all of them if you so desire, before placing your order. And i think that is great, because that way you can be a bit more adventurous with the flavors. Tell them what you want and they'll suggest you try one or two flavors accordingly. They're good and have priced the portions very smartly. Visit them once and you're sure to like their product! I mean if I can, people with a sweet tooth, definitely would ! :)

Bon Apetit!       

No comments:

Post a Comment